FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Everything you need to know about getting started in Bytomic Yoga.
Please let us know if you have any questions we have not covered.
+ DO I NEED TO BE FLEXIBLE TO DO YOGA?
No! Yoga caters for everyone of all shapes and sizes and all levels. Whether you have an injury or medical condition, all poses can be adapted to suit you. Yoga is non competitive and everyone is encouraged to work to their own abilities and according to their level.
+ CAN I DO YOGA IF I AM PREGNANT?
There are specialist ante-natal yoga teachers who can cater for pregnant students and we can find a teacher in your area for you on request.
+ WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Something loose and comfortable that allows for freedom of movement. For women, leggings and a top and for men, shorts and a T shirt would be most suitable. Please bring warm layers for the relaxation element at the end of the class.
+ DO I NEED TO BRING ANY EQUIPMENT?
You will need a yoga mat but can borrow one for your first session if you wish. There are lots of mats available - different thicknesses and different materials. The mats available to purchase on our website are recommended. Bring a blanket if you wish to use one for the relaxation segment of the class. Props will be available for you to borrow.
+ WHAT WILL A CLASS CONSIST OF?
Each class will start with a short basic relaxation which will enable you to leave the stresses and strains behind you to settle you in the right mindset for your yoga practice. After some warm up sequences, you will be taken through a sequence of postures (each class will be different) designed to stretch and strengthen different parts of your body. At the end of every class, there will be a chance to relax lying on the floor to enjoy and absorb the benefits of your practice.
+ HOW DO I PREPARE FOR A CLASS?
- Try not to eat less than 1-2 hours before a class
- Please come clean and showered
- Let the teacher know if you have any injuries or changes to your body
- Please be ready to start at least 10 minutes before the scheduled class time
- Please do not enter the class if you are more than 10 minutes late
- lease stay for the duration of the class (if you need to leave early please let the teacher know in advance)
- Leave your shoes outside the studio
- Please switch your phones off (do not leave them on vibrate)
Suitable for complete beginners. No experience or flexibility needed. All ages over 13.